Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Home Sweet used to be Home

I was born and raised in Golden, CO. The fact that we got to stay at my families house while playing in Denver was everything a boy could hope for. We were fortunate to be a part of "Denver Joes" January Residency at Benders Tavern. We played the big room and he played the bar room. I can see why this 60year old drunken cowboy draws so well with such classics as "Get Your Faggot Boyfriend Out of My Bar". Lets just say Denver Joe was a decent guitar player and I think that was about all he was good at......he did give us a joint at the end of the night so that too I guess.

I finally found myself getting to sleep in. Our second day off of the entire tour was spent here and it was worth the wait. Good food, good friends and a great family. If you are ever in Downtown Denver go to Sputniks and sample the sweet potatoe fries. I think we ordered 5 orders total that night.

Andy
Local Natives






No comments: